Saturday, May 17, 2008

RIP DP

Life's so fragile.

I lost one of my close friend Daidipya in a road accident.He was on his way home from college. Our college had just ended and everyone were looking forward to the journey ahead. There is so much of excitement,anxiety as I look and try to see what life has in store for me.I am sure DP felt the same way.

Sometimes God seems unfair and unkind.He should have protected him.

I came to know about this incident from my friend Ketan. It was quarter to 12. i was lazily browsing on the net and relishing my Butterscotch ice-cream.I have never received any call so late in the night. I got an eerie feeling.Something was wrong. Soon i felt it in his tone.I let the ice-cream melt. My hunger was gone. Next morning i couldn't listen to my Ipod.

Visiting his home was one of the most emotionally draining moments. i have been to condolence meetings before but this was different.The sheer grief and shock his family experienced is unimaginable. I hope my family never goes through this.

Everyday i am reminded of him. I am reminded of his face. It was so fresh and alive. It was like nothing had happened. Somehow i wished he would just get up.

I have learnt two truths in the last couple of days:
1. Change and death are inevitable.
2. Denial or rejection of 1 causes sorrow.

RIP buddy!

5 comments:

Sneha said...

hi tejas, i dont know if you know me or not, buti guess u must have heard my name through daidipya-sneha here. i was the first to reach him when the accident happened and he had called me just 2-3 minutes before it happened. sorry to say but i cant understand why it happened?? each moment i think of seeing him .....

Sneha said...

hi tejas, i dont know if you know me or not, buti guess u must have heard my name through daidipya-sneha here. i was the first to reach him when the accident happened and he had called me just 2-3 minutes before it happened. sorry to say but i cant understand why it happened?? each moment i think of seeing him .....

Tejas Mankar said...

hi sneha
i cant imagine what you must have gone through.rushing to the place of accident and watching your friend die in front of your eyes while you earnestly hope and pray he somehow manages to survive.

I still and always will remember him and so will everybody who knew him.

Anonymous said...

Hi tejas, i'm apurva dp's sister.
Thank u for your kind words about my brother.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
 

hit counter code